Saturday, February 21, 2009

Adam Patterson: Another Lost Child

Photos © Adam Patterson
Well I had a quick chance to head along to the private view of this years photojournalism MA which was held at the Printspace over in Shoreditch. It was last week or so now and it was before I went to Berlin so I can't remember much, but this guys work really stuck in my mind. I checked out his website and was blown away - some really great stories up there. One thing that really stood out for me above the rest of the images on display is that you could tell that this guy had spent time with his subject, he'd probably shot something on his doorstop for this reason. Either way he resisted the temptation to go off for a few weeks somewhere exotic and made a go on a local story; knife crime in south London. Living in south London myself, a stone's throw away from where a lot of this was shot, I found it fascinating. I also loved the way he got the subjects to caption their own pictures and included maps and other info in the project instead of just purely photos. Anyway enough yabbering, check him out for yourself, his name is Adam Patterson and I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more from him. The story that was on display was called Another lost child

No comments: