Thursday, May 10, 2012

Portrait: Swoon, Street Artist


Towards the end of last year I was commissioned by HUCK magazine to photograph the American street artist, Swoon, who was in London for an exhibition installation. I must admit that I was aware of Swoon's work but didn't know much about her, yet immediately I knew how I wanted to photograph her. I'd recently purchased (another) old Polaroid camera, this time a Polaroid Automatic 100 that I'd picked up in Pasadena, Ca. I figured it would be a great opportunity for an experiment, an opportunity to make the portrait a true collaborative effort; I would shoot the image, and Swoon would illustrate on it however she so wished. Anyway above is the one in the ran in the magazine and below is another version that we produced.


Below, Swoon in the Black Rat Projects space where she had her installation.

No comments: